If You are accessing, using or browsing this Site on behalf of an individual other than Yourself, which may be either a natural person or an entity other than Yourself:
- You represent, warrant and covenant that You are at least age 18 years;
- You represent, warrant and covenant that You are authorized to engage in the activities that You conduct within the Site on behalf of that person or entity other than Yourself, which by way of illustration but not limitation includes the submission and receipt of any and all Information on behalf of that person or entity other than Yourself;
- You agree that We can rely on Your representation that You are authorized to engage in the activities that You conduct within the Site on behalf of that natural person or entity other than Yourself; and
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our service (“User Information”), including, but not limited to, the following:
- Identity Data: First name, last name, email address, age, gender, address, telephone number.
- Health Data: Diseases, medicines and procedures in which the user is interested in. Health data may include information such as diagnosis, medication, hospitalizations, etc.
- Self-reported Data: When You use our Service, You may voluntarily provide self-reported personal health data, such as medication history, stress levels, mood, etc.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g. when you contact us for any reason).
- Automatically as you navigate through the Service.
How We Use User Information
We use User Information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- To provide the services you requested.
- To notify you about changes to our Service.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- To contact you regarding services and products that may be relevant to your disease or procedure of interest.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable Information (“Restricted Data”)
Some of the User Information is defined as Restricted Data (Personally Identifiable Information). Restricted Data is defined as:
- Demographic information about the User such as name, age and gender.
- Contact information about the User such as email address, telephone number, and zipcode.
- Diseases that the User has provided as their disease of interest.
- Other User Information such as password, and private messages.
We collect this information:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide the Restricted Data.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you give Us consent to use the previously collected Restricted Data.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Service’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our Service users is among the assets transferred.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Service, our customers or others.
Disclosure of Non-Restricted Data
Non-Restricted Data is defined as either data about individual user that is not considered Restricted Data, OR aggregated Restricted Data that does not identify any User. We may, without restriction, disclose Non-Restricted Data to third parties, contractors and service providers.
You have the right to:
- Get a copy of Your Information in our possession.
- Correct Your Information if You think it’s incorrect or incomplete. Ask Us how to do this. We may say “no” to Your request, but we’ll tell You why in writing within 60 days.
- Request confidential communication. You can ask Us to contact You in a specific way (for example, home or office phone) or to send mail to a different address. We will say “yes” if Your request is reasonable.
- Ask Us to limit the Information We share.
- Choose someone to act for You. If You have given someone power of attorney or if someone is Your legal guardian, that person can exercise your rights and make choices about your health information. We will make sure the person has this authority and can act for You before we take any action.
- File a complaint if You believe Your privacy rights have been violated.
User Information You provide to Us is stored on a password protected server accessible only by administrator. We use SSL. However, We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Service because any transmission of information over the Internet has its inherent risks. Any transmission of User Information is at Your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service. You are responsible for keeping Your login credentials, if any, confidential.
When You visit the Site, XpertDox may automatically collect with Cookies, and similar technology, Information about Your use of the Site. This Information cannot be traced back to You. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by Your web browser software on Your computer’s hard drive or temporarily in Your computer’s memory. XpertDox also automatically collects the location of Your computer on the Internet, known as Your internet protocol address (“IP Address”), when You visit the Site.
To learn more about Cookies, please visit http://allaboutcookies.org/. Although most web browsers are initially set up to accept Cookies, if You prefer, You may decline the placement of a Cookie on Your hard drive by using the appropriate feature(s) of Your web browser software (if available) to delete the Cookie. But You should understand that certain areas within this Site may not function properly if the web browser will not accept Cookies.
Third Party Websites
Our service is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect any personal information about children under the age of 13. If we obtain actual knowledge that we have collected personal information about a child under the age of 13, that information will be immediately deleted from our database. If a parent believes that his or her child has submitted personal information to us, he or she can contact us via e-mail. We will promptly delete the information upon learning that it relates to a child under the age of 13. Please note that it is possible some of this information may remain archived in web logs and back-up archives after we delete the information from our active database.
XpertDox believes that it is important for You to easily differentiate between advertising and independent, editorial content on the Site; thus, XpertDox has developed an Advertising Policy that explains XpertDox’s approach to ensure that the advertising You see on the Site has no influence on the quality, accuracy or selection of editorial content that XpertDox provides. XpertDox clearly identifies all advertising on the Site. When XpertDox speaks of “advertising” or “advertisements,” it refers to all forms of advertising, sponsorships and promotions for which XpertDox receives compensation. XpertDox has established guidelines on how it labels advertising so that You will know what is an advertisement and what is editorial content. XpertDox uses clear and consistent language and visual cues or descriptors to distinguish advertising from editorial content.
The phrases “Provided By” and “Sponsored By” are used to identify content that is created or influenced by an advertiser. XpertDox identifies advertiser-influenced content as “Provided By” or “Sponsored By” advertising so that You can distinguish such content from editorially independent content for which XpertDox has sole editorial control. You can recognize advertiser-influenced content on the Site by use of the “Provided By” or “Sponsored By” label and the name of the advertiser that appears in the sponsored content.
History of Updates/Changes
- Updated on Dec 29th 2016
- Updated on May 10th 2017
- Updated on Jan 16th 2019
- Updated on Apr 30th 2020
- Updated on Feb 20th 2023